Cincinnati Reds vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
Nicholas Castellanos leads the Cincinnati Reds (72-63) into a contest with the Detroit Tigers (63-72) after his two-home run showing in a 12-2 win over the Cardinals. The Reds are favored on the moneyline (-175) for this game against the underdog Tigers (+153), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Friday.
Vladimir Gutierrez starts for Cincinnati while Detroit will counter with Tyler Alexander.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Detroit Tigers in which the Reds are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Reds vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||95%||5%|
|% of Stake||96%||4%|
- The Reds have been victorous in 47, or 59.5%, of the 79 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 69 of their 135 opportunities.
- The Reds are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking sixth with 672 total runs this season.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 4-3.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gutierrez aims for his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Reds, his 18th of the season. He is 9-5 with a 4.03 ERA and 75 strikeouts in 96 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, the righty tossed three innings against the Marlins, giving up five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Gutierrez’s team has compiled a 10-7 record over his 17 starts.
- Gutierrez has started 17 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
- The Tigers have won 50 of the 113 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (44.2%).
- Detroit has had an over/under set by bookmakers 135 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 58 of those games (58-72-5).
- The Tigers are the 19th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (580 total).
- Detroit has a 4-6 record over the 10 games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Alexander (2-2 with a 4.34 ERA and 61 strikeouts in 74 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Tigers, his 10th of the season.
- His last appearance was out of the bullpen on Saturday when the left-hander threw 2 2/3 innings against the Blue Jays, surrendering two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- Alexander’s team is 7-2 in his nine starts.
- Alexander has started nine contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in five of them.
Pick for Reds vs. Tigers
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Reds to win over the Tigers.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.