Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
The Cincinnati Reds (73-66) will aim to turn around a three-game road losing streak when they meet the Chicago Cubs (64-75) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Reds are favored (-166) to end the streak when they square off against the underdog Cubs (+143).
Cincinnati’s Wade Miley and Chicago’s Adrian Sampson pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs in which the Reds are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Reds vs Cubs Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||67%||33%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
- The Reds have come away with 48 wins in the 83 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have hit the over in 71 of their 139 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 688.
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 3-6.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Reds and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Miley gets the start for the Reds, his 26th of the season. He is 11-5 with a 2.97 ERA and 114 strikeouts over 148 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday against the Cardinals, the lefty threw four innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering 12 hits.
- Miley’s team has a 16-9 record in his starts this season.
- Miley has had 25 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 16 of those games.
- The Cubs have gone 26-51 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 33.8% of those games).
- In the 139 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Chicago, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-70-7).
- The Cubs are the 20th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.3 runs per game (599 total).
- Chicago was the moneyline underdog for six of its last 10 games, and went 4-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cubs and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Cubs will look to Sampson (0-1) to open the game and make his second start of the season.
- His most recent time out came in relief on Friday when the righty tossed 3 1/3 scoreless innings against the Pirates without giving up a hit.
- His team has won the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Sampson’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Pick for Reds vs. Cubs
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the Reds to win over the Cubs.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.