Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
The Chicago Cubs (63-75) meet the Cincinnati Reds (73-65) a game after Matt Duffy homered twice in an 11-8 win over the Pirates. The Reds are favored (-151) in this matchup with the Cubs (+131), which starts at 2:20 PM ET on Monday.
Cincinnati has Sonny Gray set to start, and Chicago counters Justin Steele.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs in which the Reds are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Reds vs Cubs Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||69%||31%|
|% of Stake||74%||26%|
- The Reds have come away with 48 wins in the 82 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in 71 of their 138 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Reds have scored 685 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- Cincinnati has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 4-5 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Reds and their foes are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray gets the start for the Reds, his 22nd of the season. He is 7-6 with a 3.89 ERA and 127 strikeouts in 108 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Cardinals, when he went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- Gray’s team has a 12-9 record in his starts this season.
- Gray has had 21 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in nine of those matchups.
- The Cubs have been the underdog on the moneyline 76 total times this season. They’ve finished 25-51 in those games.
- Chicago has played in 138 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-69-7).
- The Cubs score the 20th-most runs in baseball (595 total, 4.3 per game).
- Chicago was the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and went 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Steele makes the start for the Cubs, his fifth of the season. He is 3-2 with a 3.48 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 31 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Twins, when he threw five scoreless innings while giving up just one hit.
- Steele’s team has a 1-3 record in his starts this season.
- Steele’s starts hit the over on the run total two times in four games with a set total this season.
Pick for Reds vs. Cubs
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Reds to win over the Cubs.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!