Cincinnati Bengals vs. Detroit Lions: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
The Cincinnati Bengals (3-2) are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3) over the Detroit Lions (0-5). The Lions have dropped five games in a row. An over/under of 48.5 points has been established for the matchup.
Best odds for Bengals vs. Lions
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions in which the Bengals are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Lions have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Bengals Vs. Lions Spread Betting Action
Cincinnati stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cincinnati
- Cincinnati has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this season.
- The Bengals are 0-1 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- One of Cincinnati’s five games with a set total has hit the over (20%).
|Pass yards||253.8 (1269)||22|
|Rush yards||99.0 (495)||22|
|Points scored||22.8 (114)||17|
|Pass yards against||268.8 (1344)||18|
|Rush yards against||101.4 (507)||10|
|Points allowed||20.0 (100)||7|
Key players for Cincinnati
- Joe Burrow has recorded 1,269 yards (253.8 ypg) on 104-of-145 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Joe Mixon, has carried the ball 93 times for 386 yards (77.2 per game), scoring three times.
- Samaje Perine has carried the ball 20 times for 87 yards (17.4 per game).
- Ja’Marr Chase’s 456 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 35 times and has collected 23 catches and five touchdowns.
- Tyler Boyd has hauled in 27 passes while averaging 56.6 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Tee Higgins’ 15 grabs have yielded 150 yards and two touchdowns.
Bengals: Mackensie Alexander: Questionable (Hamstring), Auden Tate: Doubtful (Shoulder)
Detroit stats and betting info
Betting trends for Detroit
- Detroit is 3-2-0 ATS this season.
- The Lions have a 3-2 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 3 points or more.
- Detroit has hit the over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
|Pass yards||260.6 (1303)||17|
|Rush yards||103.0 (515)||20|
|Points scored||19.6 (98)||24|
|Pass yards against||269.0 (1345)||19|
|Rush yards against||130.2 (651)||23|
|Points allowed||27.6 (138)||25|
Key players for Detroit
- Jared Goff has thrown for 1,303 yards (260.6 per game) while completing 66.8% of his passes and tossing seven touchdown passes with three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 72 yards .
- Jamaal Williams is his team’s leading rusher with 55 carries for 244 yards, or 48.8 per game. He’s found the end zone two times on the ground, as well. Williams has also chipped in with 15 catches for 101 yards.
- D’Andre Swift leads his squad with 252 receiving yards (50.4 yards per game) on 29 catches and one touchdown while piling up 190 rushing yards on 52 carries with two touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson has caught 24 passes and compiled 237 receiving yards (47.4 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Quintez Cephus has racked up 204 reciving yards (40.8 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Lions: Frank Ragnow: Questionable (Groin), Desmond Trufant: Out (Hamstring), C.J. Moore: Questionable (Calf)
Pick for Bengals vs. Lions
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Bengals to cover the spread against the Lions.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.