Chicago White Sox vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Yoan Moncada sits at 97 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when the Chicago White Sox (70-50) play the Oakland Athletics (68-52) on Wednesday at 8:10 PM ET. The White Sox are favored (-183) over the Athletics (+156). Chicago’s Lance Lynn and Oakland’s Cole Irvin pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Oakland Athletics in which the White Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors to claim victory.
White Sox vs Athletics Moneyline Action
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have won in 60, or 63.8%, of the 94 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 56 of their 120 opportunities.
- The White Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking seventh with 599 total runs this season.
- Chicago has competed as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 4-4 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the White Sox and their foes are 5-5 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The White Sox are sending Lynn (10-3) out to make his 22nd start of the season. He is 10-3 with a 2.33 ERA and 137 strikeouts in 119 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance came on Thursday against the Yankees, when he tossed five innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Lynn’s team has compiled a 13-8 record over his 21 starts.
- Lynn has had 21 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in eight of those matchups.
- The Athletics have won 17 of the 37 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (45.9%).
- In the 119 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Oakland, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 56 times (56-61-2).
- The Athletics have the No. 14 offense in baseball scoring 4.5 runs per game (544 total runs).
- In the last 10 games, Oakland has not been the underdog on the moneyline.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Irvin makes the start for the Athletics, his 24th of the season. He is 8-11 with a 3.52 ERA and 96 strikeouts in 135 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Saturday against the Rangers, the lefty threw five innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Irvin’s team is 11-12 over his 23 starts.
- Irvin has had 23 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and eight of those outings hit the over.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!