Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Leury Garcia brings a two-game home run streak into the Chicago White Sox’s (82-61) matchup against the Los Angeles Angels (70-73). The White Sox are favored (-265) for this matchup with the Angels (+215), which starts at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Chicago’s Lucas Giolito and Los Angeles’ Packy Naughton will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Angels.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been victorous in 70, or 64.2%, of the 109 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 64 of their 143 opportunities.
- The White Sox have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 708.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 4-3.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the White Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Giolito (9-9) is trying for his 10th victory when he gets the starting nod for the White Sox in his 28th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.69 ERA in 158 1/3 innings pitched, with 180 strikeouts.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Wednesday, Sept. 1 against the Pirates, when he went 4 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Giolito’s team is 13-14 in his 27 starts.
- Giolito has had 27 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those matchups finished over the total.
- The Angels have put together a 32-43 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.7% of those games).
- Los Angeles has played in 143 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 77 times (77-65-1).
- The Angels score the 16th-most runs in baseball (640 total, 4.5 per game).
- Los Angeles was the underdog on the moneyline for six of its last 10 games, and went 2-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Angels will look to Naughton (0-1) to open the game and make his third start of the season.
- The lefty last pitched on Wednesday against the Padres, when he tossed five scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Naughton’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.