Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 1
The Kansas City Royals visit the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Monday August 1st, 8:10pm ET. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Kansas City Royals and Chicago White Sox.
Chicago and Kansas City Betting Info
- Four of the White Sox’s last five games have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Royals have lost each of their last eight games against AL Central opponents following a road win.
Kansas City Royals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.246|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.9|
Key Players for Kansas City
- Scott Barlow: 2.46 ERA, 8.69 K/9, 1.07 WHIP
- Carlos Hernández: 9.09 ERA, 4.82 K/9, 2.14 WHIP
- Gregory Mills: 5.73 ERA, 12.28 K/9, 1.55 WHIP
- Whitley Merrifield: .240 Batting Avg, .291 OBP, .346 SLG, .637 OPS, 50 Runs
- Nicholas Lopez: .244 Batting Avg, .297 OBP, .294 SLG, .591 OPS, 35 Runs
- Robert Witt Jr.: .255 Batting Avg, .299 OBP, .452 SLG, .751 OPS, 51 Runs
- Vincent Pasquantino: .219 Batting Avg, .322 OBP, .324 SLG, .646 OPS, 9 Runs
- Michael A. Taylor: .278 Batting Avg, .348 OBP, .394 SLG, .742 OPS, 31 Runs
- Salvador Perez: .209 Batting Avg, .249 OBP, .438 SLG, .687 OPS, 27 Runs
- Kyle Isbel: .211 Batting Avg, .247 OBP, .309 SLG, .556 OPS, 14 Runs
- Hunter Dozier: .254 Batting Avg, .318 OBP, .429 SLG, .747 OPS, 37 Runs
Chicago White Sox Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.257|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.4|
Key Players for Chicago
- Liam Hendriks: 3.28 ERA, 13.37 K/9, 1.09 WHIP
- Davis Martin: 4.75 ERA, 6.82 K/9, 1.29 WHIP
- Michael Lynn: 6.42 ERA, 9.25 K/9, 1.36 WHIP
- Adam Engel: .247 Batting Avg, .297 OBP, .357 SLG, .654 OPS, 27 Runs
- Allen Pollock: .236 Batting Avg, .282 OBP, .352 SLG, .634 OPS, 34 Runs
- Bernardo Zavala: .296 Batting Avg, .340 OBP, .439 SLG, .779 OPS, 13 Runs
- Joshua Harrison: .233 Batting Avg, .301 OBP, .375 SLG, .676 OPS, 33 Runs
- Andrew Vaughn: .288 Batting Avg, .337 OBP, .448 SLG, .785 OPS, 39 Runs
- Timothy Anderson: .311 Batting Avg, .352 OBP, .413 SLG, .765 OPS, 48 Runs
- Yoán Moncada: .203 Batting Avg, .263 OBP, .324 SLG, .587 OPS, 22 Runs
- José Abreu: .302 Batting Avg, .384 OBP, .468 SLG, .852 OPS, 54 Runs
- Gavin Sheets: .227 Batting Avg, .289 OBP, .380 SLG, .669 OPS, 18 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the White Sox and Royals, the White Sox won three times and the Royals won twice. Their most recent matchup on May 19, 2022 ended 7-4 with the Chicago White Sox taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
White Sox vs. Astros Player Props | Johnny Cueto | Monday
The Houston Astros visit the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Monday August 15th. The Chicago White Sox are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs…
White Sox vs. Astros Player Props | Andrew Vaughn | Monday
Washington Nationals vs Chicago Cubs Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 15
The Chicago Cubs visit the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Monday August 15th, 7:05pm ET. The Washington Nationals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…
Twins vs. Royals Player Props | Luis Arraez | Monday
The Kansas City Royals visit the Minnesota Twins at Target Field, taking the field at 7:40pm ET on Monday August 15th. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs…