Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Luis Robert leads the Chicago White Sox (79-57) into a matchup against the Kansas City Royals (60-75) a game after he picked up four hits in a 10-7 win over the Royals. The White Sox are favored on the moneyline (-165) against the Royals (+142) in this outing, which begins at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
Chicago has Dylan Cease set to start, while Kansas City counters Brady Singer.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals in which the White Sox are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
White Sox vs Royals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||89%||11%|
|% of Stake||68%||32%|
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been chosen as favorites in 105 games this year and have walked away with the win 68 times (64.8%) in those games.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 63 of their 136 opportunities.
- The White Sox have scored 686 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 6-2.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the White Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The White Sox will send Cease (11-6) out for his 28th start of the season. He is 11-6 with a 3.82 ERA and 188 strikeouts in 143 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Sunday against the Cubs, the right-hander tossed six innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In Cease’s 27 starts, his team is 16-11.
- Cease’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 14 of 27 contests.
- The Royals have been the underdog on the moneyline 95 total times this season. They’ve finished 40-55 in those games.
- Kansas City has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 58 times this season for a 58-69-8 record against the over/under.
- The Royals have the No. 24 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (562 total runs).
- Kansas City has a 4-3 record across the seven games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Royals combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Singer (3-9) gets the starting nod for the Royals in his 24th start of the season. He has a 4.87 ERA in 109 innings pitched, with 111 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Sunday against the Mariners, when the right-hander threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Singer’s team is 7-16 in his 23 starts.
- Singer has had 23 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 11 of those games finished over the total.
Pick for White Sox vs. Royals
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the White Sox being favored to win over the Royals.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.