Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
The Chicago White Sox (78-57) will look to Yoan Moncada, who is currently on a 17-game hitting streak, when they face the Kansas City Royals (60-74). The White Sox are moneyline favorites (-160) for this outing against the Royals (+139), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday at Kauffman Stadium.
Reynaldo Lopez starts for Chicago while Kansas City will counter with Daniel Lynch.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals in which the White Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
White Sox vs Royals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||69%||31%|
|% of Stake||90%||10%|
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have won in 67, or 64.4%, of the 104 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 62 of 135 chances this season.
- The White Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking sixth with 674 total runs this season.
- Chicago has competed as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 5-2 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the White Sox and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lopez makes the start for the White Sox, his fifth of the season. He is 3-1 with a 1.54 ERA and 37 strikeouts over 35 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out — out of the bullpen on Thursday — the righty threw one scoreless inning against the Pirates without surrendering a hit.
- López’s team has compiled a 2-2 record over his four starts.
- López has had four starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in two of those outings.
- The Royals have a 40-54 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.6% of those games).
- In the 134 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Kansas City, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-69-8).
- The Royals are the 25th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.1 runs per game (548 total).
- Kansas City went 4-3 across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lynch gets the start for the Royals, his 11th of the season. He is 4-3 with a 4.47 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 48 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Saturday against the Mariners, when he went 4 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up seven hits.
- Lynch’s team is 6-4 in his 10 starts.
- Lynch has started 10 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in three of them.
Pick for White Sox vs. Royals
Our in-depth statistical analysis paired with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the White Sox to win over the Royals.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.