Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
Gavin Sheets leads the Chicago White Sox (78-56) into a matchup against the Kansas City Royals (59-74) a game after he homered twice in a 6-3 win over the Pirates. The White Sox are moneyline favorites (-220) against the Royals (+180) in this outing, which starts at 8:10 PM ET on Friday.
Chicago’s Dallas Keuchel starts against Kansas City’s Kris Bubic.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been victorous in 67, or 65%, of the 103 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of their 134 opportunities.
- The White Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fifth with 674 total runs this season.
- Chicago has competed as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 5-1 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the White Sox and their foes are 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Keuchel (8-7 with a 5.00 ERA and 83 strikeouts in 136 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the White Sox, his 26th of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Cubs, when he threw one inning, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Keuchel’s team has a 14-11 record over his 25 starts.
- Keuchel has started 25 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 14 of them.
- The Royals have won 39 of the 93 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (41.9%).
- In the 133 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Kansas City, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-68-8).
- The Royals have the No. 24 offense in MLB action scoring 4.1 runs per game (548 total runs).
- Kansas City was the underdog on the moneyline in seven of its last 10 games, and went 4-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Royals will send Bubic (4-6) out to make his 16th start of the season. He is 4-6 with a 5.16 ERA and 91 strikeouts over 99 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance — in relief on Friday — the left-hander tossed two innings against the Indians, giving up one earned run while surrendering one hit.
- Over Bubic’s 15 starts, his team is 10-5.
- Bubic has started 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in eight of them.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.