Chicago White Sox vs. Houston Astros: ALDS Game 4 Best Odds and Preview for October 11, 2021
Tim Anderson leads the Chicago White Sox (93-69) into a matchup with Yuli Gurriel and the Houston Astros (95-67) on Monday at 3:37 PM ET at Guaranteed Rate Field. Anderson is batting .309, the fifth-best batting average in the league, for the favored White Sox (-120), while Gurriel ranks second in MLB play with a .319 batting average this season for the underdog Astros (+100).
Carlos Rodon takes the mound first for Chicago, and Jose Urquidy is Houston’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Houston Astros
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Houston Astros.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been chosen as favorites in 128 games this year and have walked away with the win 81 times (63.3%) in those games.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 71 of their 162 opportunities.
- The White Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking seventh with 796 total runs this season.
- Chicago has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 7-3 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the White Sox and their foes are 3-6-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Rodon (13-5) gets the starting nod for the White Sox in his 25th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.37 ERA in 132 2/3 innings pitched, with 185 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Thursday, Sept. 30, the lefty went five scoreless innings against the Reds while surrendering one hit.
- In Rodon’s 24 starts, his team is 16-8.
- Rodon has had 24 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and seven of those games finished over the total.
- The Astros have won 44.4% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (12-15).
- Houston has combined with opponents to go over the total 85 times this season for an 85-69-8 record against the over/under.
- The Astros score the most runs in baseball (863 total, 5.3 per game).
- Over the last 10 games, Houston has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just once, a game it lost.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Urquidy makes the start for the Astros, his 21st of the season. He is 8-3 with a 3.62 ERA and 90 strikeouts in 107 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday, Oct. 3 against the Athletics, when he went six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In Urquidy’s 20 starts, his team is 14-6.
- Urquidy has had 20 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 13 of those outings.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!