Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for October 3, 2021
The Chicago White Sox (93-68) will try for a sweep of the Detroit Tigers (76-85) on Sunday at Guaranteed Rate Field. The White Sox lead 2-0, and are favored (-320) against the underdog Tigers (+250) in the matchup, which begins at 3:10 PM ET.
Chicago’s Dylan Cease and Detroit’s Tyler Alexander will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have won in 81, or 63.8%, of the 127 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 71 of 161 chances this season.
- The White Sox have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 794.
- Chicago has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 8-2 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the White Sox and their opponents are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cease gets the start for the White Sox, his 32nd of the season. He is 13-7 with a 3.95 ERA and 221 strikeouts over 161 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Friday, Sept. 24 against the Indians, when the right-hander went 5 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing four hits.
- Cease’s team has won 18 of his 31 starts.
- Cease has had 31 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 15 of those matchups finished over the total.
- The Tigers have gone 62-75 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 45.3% of those games).
- Detroit has played in 161 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-87-7).
- The Tigers are the 22nd-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.3 runs per game (692 total).
- Detroit has a 2-7 record across the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Alexander makes the start for the Tigers, his 15th of the season. He is 2-4 with a 3.95 ERA and 83 strikeouts in 100 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Twins, when the left-hander tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- In Alexander’s 14 starts, his team is 10-4.
- Alexander’s starts hit the over on the run total seven times in 14 games with a set total this season.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!