Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
Tim Anderson leads the Chicago White Sox (92-68) into a contest against the Detroit Tigers (76-84) following his four-hit showing in an 8-1 win over the Tigers. The White Sox are favored on the moneyline (-274) for this game against the underdog Tigers (+225), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
Chicago’s Lucas Giolito and Detroit’s Matt Manning will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers in which the White Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
White Sox vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||93%||7%|
|% of Stake||93%||7%|
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been favorites in 126 games this season and have come away with the win 80 times (63.5%) in those contests.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 71 of their 160 opportunities.
- The White Sox have scored 781 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 7-3.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the White Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Giolito makes the start for the White Sox, his 31st of the season. He is 11-9 with a 3.58 ERA and 198 strikeouts in 173 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out was on Sunday against the Indians, when he tossed six scoreless innings while allowing five hits.
- Giolito’s team has put together a 16-14 record in his 30 starts.
- Giolito’s starts went over the run total 17 times in 30 games with a set total this season.
- The Tigers have put together a 62-74 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 45.6% of those games).
- Detroit has played in 160 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-87-6).
- The Tigers are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (687 total).
- Detroit has a 3-6 record from the nine games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manning gets the start for the Tigers, his 18th of the season. He is 4-7 with a 6.16 ERA and 50 strikeouts through 80 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Monday against the White Sox, the righty went 3 1/3 innings, allowing six earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Over Manning’s 17 starts, his team is 8-9.
- Manning has started 17 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
Pick for White Sox vs. Tigers
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the White Sox being favored to win over the Tigers.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.