Chicago White Sox vs. Cincinnati Reds: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
The Chicago White Sox (90-68) host the Cincinnati Reds (82-76) at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent batters. Tim Anderson has a batting average .301 (eighth in the league) for the favored White Sox (-172), while Nicholas Castellanos is fifth in MLB play hitting .310 this season for the underdog Reds (+147).
Carlos Rodon starts for Chicago while Cincinnati will counter with Sonny Gray.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Cincinnati Reds
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Cincinnati Reds.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been chosen as favorites in 124 games this year and have walked away with the win 78 times (62.9%) in those games.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 70 of their 158 opportunities.
- The White Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking seventh with 775 total runs this season.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 6-4.
- When it comes to the total, the White Sox and their opponents are 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Rodon (12-5) takes the mound first for the White Sox in his 24th start of the season. He has a 2.47 ERA in 127 2/3 innings pitched, with 181 strikeouts.
- The lefty’s last time out came on Monday, Sept. 20 against the Tigers, when he went three innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- In Rodon’s 23 starts, his team is 15-8.
- Rodon has had 23 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and seven of those games finished over the total.
- The Reds have gone 26-34 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 43.3% of those games).
- Cincinnati has had an over/under set by bookmakers 158 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 79 of those games (79-71-8).
- The Reds score the eighth-most runs in baseball (771 total, 4.9 per game).
- Cincinnati did not win a game as the moneyline underdog over the last 10 games in three tries.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Reds and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray (7-8) takes the mound first for the Reds in his 26th start of the season. He has a 3.99 ERA in 130 2/3 innings pitched, with 149 strikeouts.
- The righty’s most recent time out came on Friday against the Nationals, when he went four innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Over Gray’s 25 starts, his team is 13-12.
- Gray has had 25 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those games finished over the total.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.