Chicago White Sox vs. Boston Red Sox: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Luis Robert leads the Chicago White Sox (81-61) into a contest with the Boston Red Sox (81-63) after his four-hit showing in a 9-8 loss to the Red Sox. The White Sox are moneyline favorites (-160) for this game against the underdog Red Sox (+140), which starts at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
Lance Lynn gets the starting nod for Chicago, and Nick Pivetta is Boston’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been chosen as favorites in 108 games this year and have walked away with the win 69 times (63.9%) in those games.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 64 of their 142 opportunities.
- The White Sox have scored 706 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- Chicago has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 4-3 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the White Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lynn (10-4) takes the mound first for the White Sox in his 25th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.65 ERA in 135 2/3 innings pitched, with 152 strikeouts.
- His last appearance was on Saturday, Aug. 28 against the Cubs, when the righty went five innings, surrendering seven earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Lynn’s team has put together a 14-10 record over his 24 starts.
- Lynn has started 24 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have won 28 of the 53 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (52.8%).
- Boston has played in 144 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 65 times (65-76-3).
- The Red Sox are the fourth-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 5.1 runs per game (730 total).
- Boston has a 3-1 record across the four games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Pivetta will aim to secure his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Red Sox, his 27th of the season. He is 9-7 with a 4.67 ERA and 151 strikeouts in 135 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Monday, Aug. 30 against the Rays, when he tossed five innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Pivetta’s team has won 15 of his 26 starts.
- Pivetta has started 26 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!