Chicago White Sox vs. Boston Red Sox: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The Chicago White Sox (80-60) bring a three-game home win streak into a contest against the Boston Red Sox (80-62) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The White Sox are favored (-155) to prolong the streak at Guaranteed Rate Field against the underdog Red Sox (+135).
Chicago’s Carlos Rodon gets the start against Boston’s Tanner Houck.
Best Odds for Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox.
White Sox Insights
- The White Sox have been chosen as favorites in 106 games this year and have walked away with the win 68 times (64.2%) in those games.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in 63 of their 140 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The White Sox have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 694.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Chicago has a record of 4-3.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the White Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Rodon makes the start for the White Sox, his 22nd of the season. He is 11-5 with a 2.41 ERA and 168 strikeouts in 119 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last appearance came on Thursday, Sept. 2 against the Pirates, when he tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing five hits.
- Rodon’s team has won 14 of his 21 starts.
- Rodon has started 21 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have won 52.9% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (27-24).
- Boston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 142 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 64 of those games (64-75-3).
- The Red Sox are the third-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 5.1 runs per game (718 total).
- Boston has a 2-2 record across the four games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Houck (0-3) takes the mound first for the Red Sox in his 11th start of the season. He has a 3.26 ERA in 49 2/3 innings pitched, with 62 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Indians, when the righty went five scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- Houck’s team has a 5-5 record in his starts this season.
- Houck’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of 10 games.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.