Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
The Detroit Lions (0-3) will be attempting to snap a three-game losing streak against the Chicago Bears (1-2). The Bears are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3). The over/under for this one is set at 42.5 points.
Best odds for Bears vs. Lions
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions in which the Lions are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Bears Vs. Lions Spread Betting Action
Chicago stats and betting info
Betting trends for Chicago
- Chicago has covered the spread once in opportunities this season.
- Chicago has gone over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
|Pass yards||133.3 (400)||31|
|Rush yards||101.0 (303)||20|
|Points scored||13.3 (40)||31|
|Pass yards against||258.0 (774)||13|
|Rush yards against||119.3 (358)||20|
|Points allowed||25.7 (77)||19|
Key players for Chicago
- David Montgomery has 203 rushing yards on 46 carries with one touchdown. He’s also tacked on six catches for 49 yards (16.3 per game).
- Justin Fields has carried the ball 14 times for 46 yards (15.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Darnell Mooney’s leads his squad with 101 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 12 receptions (out of 19 targets).
- Allen Robinson II has hauled in 10 receptions totaling 86 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Marquise Goodwin has been the target of eight passes and compiled five grabs for 55 yards, an average of 18.3 yards per contest..
Bears: Josh Woods: Questionable (Ankle), Sherrick McManis: Doubtful (Hamstring), Khalil Mack: Questionable (Knee)
Detroit stats and betting info
Betting trends for Detroit
- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- The Lions have a 2-1 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- Detroit has gone over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
|Pass yards||267.0 (801)||13|
|Rush yards||105.7 (317)||14|
|Points scored||22.3 (67)||18|
|Pass yards against||287.0 (861)||24|
|Rush yards against||114.3 (343)||15|
|Points allowed||31.7 (95)||31|
Key players for Detroit
- Jared Goff leads Detroit with 801 yards on 86-of-123 passing with five touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 64 rushing yards (21.3 ypg) on eight carries.
- D’Andre Swift has been handed the ball 33 times for a team-high 123 yards (41.0 per game) with one touchdown. He also leads the team through the air, as his 19 receptions this season are good for 166 yards , and he’s scored one touchdown in the passing game.
- Jamaal Williams has collected 121 yards (on 28 carries) with two touchdowns, while also grabbing 13 passes for 93 yards.
- T.J. Hockenson’s 173 receiving yards (57.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 18 catches on 21 targets with two touchdowns.
- Kalif Raymond has racked up 136 reciving yards (45.3 ypg) this season.
Lions: Hunter Bryant: Questionable (Hamstring), C.J. Moore: Out (Calf), Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Hip), Christian Jones: Questionable (Knee), Da’Shawn Hand: Questionable (Chest), Desmond Trufant: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Bears vs. Lions
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Lions being favored to cover the spread against the Bears.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!