Chicago Bears vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Chicago Bears (0-1) are considered favorites (-3) according to the point spread ahead of their game versus the Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) on September 19, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The total for this one is set at 45 points.
Best odds for Bears vs. Bengals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Chicago Bears and Cincinnati Bengals in which the Bengals are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Bears Vs. Bengals Spread Betting Action
Chicago stats and betting info
Betting trends for Chicago
- Chicago covered eight times in 16 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Bears covered the spread once last season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Last season, eight of Chicago’s games hit the over.
|Pass yards||245.3 (3925)||22|
|Rush yards||102.9 (1647)||25|
|Points scored||23.3 (372)||22|
|Pass yards against||246.2 (3939)||11|
|Rush yards against||113.4 (1814)||15|
|Points allowed||23.1 (370)||13|
Key players for Chicago
- Last season Andy Dalton had 2,170 passing yards — 64.9% completion percentage (216-of-333) — with 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions (144.7 yards per game).
- Last year, David Montgomery took 247 attempts for 1,070 rushing yards (66.9 yards per game) and scored eight touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 54 passes for 438 yards (27.4 receiving yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Allen Robinson II grabbed 102 passes (on 151 targets) for 1,250 yards (78.1 yards per game). He also found the end zone for six touchdowns.
- Darnell Mooney produced last year by catching 61 passes for 631 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 39.4 receiving yards per game and was targeted 98 times.
- Damiere Byrd hauled in 47 passes on 77 targets for 604 yards and one touchdown, averaging 37.8 yards per game last year.
Bears: Khalil Mack: Questionable (Knee), Robert Quinn: Questionable (Ankle)
Cincinnati stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cincinnati
- Cincinnati covered nine times in 16 games with a spread last season.
- The Bengals were an underdog by 3 points or more 13 times last year, and covered the spread in eight of those contests.
- Last season, eight of Cincinnati’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||237.1 (3793)||25|
|Rush yards||104.3 (1668)||24|
|Points scored||19.4 (311)||29|
|Pass yards against||246.4 (3942)||12|
|Rush yards against||148.0 (2368)||29|
|Points allowed||26.5 (424)||22|
Key players for Cincinnati
- Joe Burrow completed 65.3% of his passes to throw for 2,688 yards and 13 touchdowns last season. Burrow also helped on the ground, collecting three touchdowns on 14.2 yards per game.
- Joe Mixon averaged 47.6 rushing yards per game and collected three rushing touchdowns last year. Mixon complemented his performance on the ground with 2.3 receptions per game to average 15.3 receiving yards.
- Last season Samaje Perine rushed for 18.8 yards per game. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Tee Higgins averaged 56.8 yards on 4.2 receptions per game and compiled six receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Tyler Boyd caught 79 passes last season on his way to 841 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Drew Sample averaged 21.8 receiving yards per game on 3.3 targets per game a season ago.
Bengals: Shawn Williams: Out (Calf), Geno Atkins: Out (Shoulder), Mike Daniels: Out (Groin), Xavier Su’a-Filo: Out (Ankle)
Pick for Bears vs. Bengals
The Bengals are favored to cover the spread against the Bears based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!