Charlotte Hornets vs Cleveland Cavaliers: Best Odds & NBA Betting Preview | 10/22/2021
The Charlotte Hornets (1-0) face the Cleveland Cavaliers (0-1) as just 3-point favorites on Friday, October 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET.
Best odds for Hornets vs. Cavaliers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Charlotte Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers.
Hornets stats and betting info
Betting trends for Charlotte
- Charlotte compiled a 33-32-0 ATS record last year.
- The Hornets covered the spread eight times last season (8-6 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Last season, 28 of Charlotte’s games hit the over.
- The Hornets won 70% of the games last season they were favored on the moneyline (14-6).
- Charlotte did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Hornets’ implied win probability is 0.0%.
|Field Goal %||45.5||22|
|Opp. Field Goal %||46.8||16|
|Rebounds Per Game||43.8||19|
|Opp. Rebounds Per Game||45.2||19|
|Turnovers Per Game||14.2||6|
|Opp. Turnovers Per Game||14.1||21|
Key players for Charlotte (Stats from 2020-21)
- Terry Rozier: 20.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (222-for-571)
- P.J. Washington: 12.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 44 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (112-for-290)
- LaMelo Ball: 15.7 PTS, 6.1 AST, 1.6 STL, 43.6 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (92-for-261)
- Miles Bridges: 12.7 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 40 3PT% (116-for-290)
- Mason Plumlee: 10.4 PTS, 9.3 REB, 61.4 FG%
Hornets Injuries: Terry Rozier: Day To Day (Ankle)
Cavaliers stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cleveland
- Cleveland put together a 23-43-0 ATS record last year.
- The Cavaliers had an ATS record of 18-34 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs last season.
- Cleveland’s games went over the point total 29 out of 66 times last season.
- Last season, the Cavaliers were the underdog 58 times and won 17, or 29.3%, of those games.
- Cleveland had a record of 20-46 in games where sportsbooks had them as underdogs of at least on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cavaliers have a 0.0% chance to win.
|Field Goal %||45||25|
|Opp. Field Goal %||48.4||29|
|Rebounds Per Game||42.7||24|
|Opp. Rebounds Per Game||43.8||14|
|Turnovers Per Game||14.4||5|
|Opp. Turnovers Per Game||13.5||17|
Key players for Cleveland (2020-21 stats)
- Collin Sexton: 24.3 PTS, 47.5 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (98-for-264)
- Jarrett Allen: 12.8 PTS, 10 REB, 1.4 BLK, 61.8 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (6-for-19)
- Ricky Rubio: 8.6 PTS, 6.4 AST, 1.4 STL, 38.8 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (66-for-214)
- Darius Garland: 17.4 PTS, 6.1 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.1 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (105-for-266)
- Isaac Okoro: 9.6 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (61-for-211)
Cavaliers Injuries: Dylan Windler: Day To Day (Right Hip), Dean Wade: Day To Day (Right Ankle)
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NBA insights and betting odds check all of our NBA content here.