Carolina Panthers vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
The Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) will be aiming to snap a three-game losing run against the Carolina Panthers (3-1). The Panthers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4). The matchup has an over/under of 45 points.
Best odds for Panthers vs. Eagles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Carolina Panthers and Philadelphia Eagles in which the Panthers are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Panthers Vs. Eagles Spread Betting Action
Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for Carolina
- Carolina has a 3-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers are 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- One of Carolina’s four games with a set total has hit the over (25%).
|Pass yards||297.3 (1189)||7|
|Rush yards||107.5 (430)||16|
|Points scored||24.3 (97)||12|
|Pass yards against||181.3 (725)||2|
|Rush yards against||95.0 (380)||10|
|Points allowed||16.5 (66)||3|
Key players for Carolina
- Sam Darnold has recorded 1,189 yards (297.3 ypg) on 99-of-146 passing with five touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 52 rushing yards (13.0 ypg) on 20 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Christian McCaffrey has racked up 201 rushing yards on 52 carries, scoring one touchdown. He’s also added 163 yards (40.8 per game) on 16 catches.
- Chuba Hubbard has collected 119 yards on 32 attempts..
- D.J. Moore has hauled in 30 receptions for 398 yards (99.5 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone three times as a receiver.
- Robby Anderson has hauled in 10 grabs for 149 yards, an average of 37.3 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
Panthers: Eli Apple: Out (Hamstring)
Philadelphia stats and betting info
Betting trends for Philadelphia
- Philadelphia has covered the spread once in four opportunities this year.
- The Eagles are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- Out of Philadelphia’s four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||291.8 (1167)||9|
|Rush yards||122.8 (491)||9|
|Points scored||23.5 (94)||15|
|Pass yards against||217.3 (869)||7|
|Rush yards against||150.3 (601)||30|
|Points allowed||26.5 (106)||24|
Key players for Philadelphia
- Jalen Hurts has thrown for 1,167 yards (291.8 ypg) to lead Philadelphia, completing 66.2% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He is also the team’s top rusher, racking up 226 yards (56.5 ypg) on 34 carries with one touchdown.
- Miles Sanders has collected 169 yards (on 37 attempts), while also catching 11 passes for 105 yards.
- Devonta Smith has totaled 18 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 237 (59.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 31 times and has and one touchdown.
- Quez Watkins has racked up 219 receiving yards (54.8 yards per game) on 10 receptions.
- Dallas Goedert’s 16 targets have resulted in 13 catches for 188 yards and two touchdowns.
Eagles: Avonte Maddox: Out (Ankle), Alshon Jeffery: Out (Illness), DeSean Jackson: Out (Hamstring)
Pick for Panthers vs. Eagles
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Panthers to cover the spread against the Eagles.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.