Carolina Panthers vs. New York Jets: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Carolina Panthers (0-0) are considered favorites (-5.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the New York Jets (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The over/under for this one is set at 45 points.
Best odds for Panthers vs. Jets
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Carolina Panthers and New York Jets in which the Panthers are currently the clear pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Jets have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Panthers Vs. Jets Spread Betting Action
Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for Carolina
- Carolina put together a 9-7-0 ATS record last year.
- Carolina’s games went over the point total seven out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||258.1 (4129)||16|
|Rush yards||106.5 (1704)||21|
|Points scored||21.9 (350)||24|
|Pass yards against||251.5 (4024)||16|
|Rush yards against||121.0 (1936)||20|
|Points allowed||25.1 (402)||18|
Key players for Carolina
- Last season Sam Darnold put up 2,208 passing yards — 59.6% completion percentage (217-of-364) — with nine touchdowns and 11 interceptions (138.0 yards per game). His rushing performance consisted of 37 carries for 217 yards, two touchdowns, and 13.6 rushing yards per game.
- Last year, Christian McCaffrey picked up 225 rushing yards (22.5 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- In the previous season, D.J. Moore grabbed 66 passes (on 118 targets) for 1,193 yards (79.5 yards per game). He also found the end zone for four touchdowns.
- Robby Anderson also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 95 receptions for 1,096 yards and three touchdowns. He was targeted 136 times and put up 68.5 receiving yards per game.
- Dan Arnold’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 438 yards, 31 catches, four touchdowns, and 27.4 yards per game (on 45 targets).
Panthers: Dennis Daley: Out (Ankle), Stantley Thomas-Oliver III: Questionable (Hamstring), Stephen Weatherly: Questionable (Hamstring)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York won six games against the spread last year, while failing to cover 10 times.
- The Jets covered the spread six times last year (6-8 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- A total of seven of New York’s games last season went over the point total.
|Pass yards||194.7 (3115)||31|
|Rush yards||105.2 (1683)||23|
|Points scored||15.2 (243)||32|
|Pass yards against||287.2 (4595)||29|
|Rush yards against||112.0 (1792)||12|
|Points allowed||28.6 (457)||26|
Key players for New York
- Ty Johnson averaged 16.9 rushing yards per game and collected one rushing touchdown last year.
- Last season Lamical Perine rushed for 21.1 yards per game. He also scored two touchdowns.
- Corey Davis averaged 70.3 yards on 4.6 receptions per game and compiled five receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Keelan Cole collected five touchdowns and had 642 receiving yards (40.1 ypg) in 2020.
- Braxton Berrios played his way to three receiving touchdowns and 394 receiving yards (24.6 ypg) last season.
New York injuries
Jets: Joe Flacco: Out (Neck), Avery Williamson: Out (Hamstring), Denzel Mims: Out (Hamstrings), La’Mical Perine: Out (Ankle), Marcus Maye: Questionable (Calf), Alex Lewis: Questionable (Shoulder)
Pick for Panthers vs. Jets
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Panthers to cover the spread against the Jets.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!