Carolina Panthers vs. Minnesota Vikings: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
The Carolina Panthers (3-2) are favored by 1.5 points against the Minnesota Vikings (2-3) on October 17, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The game has an over/under of 46 points.
Best odds for Panthers vs. Vikings
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Panthers Vs. Vikings Spread Betting Action
Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for Carolina
- Carolina has a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have a 2-1 record against the spread in games they were favored by 1.5 points or more this season.
- In Carolina’s five games with a set total, one has hit the over (20%).
|Pass yards||273.2 (1366)||11|
|Rush yards||107.8 (539)||18|
|Points scored||23.0 (115)||15|
|Pass yards against||184.6 (923)||1|
|Rush yards against||94.2 (471)||8|
|Points allowed||17.4 (87)||3|
Key players for Carolina
- Sam Darnold has racked up 1,366 yards (273.2 ypg) on 120-of-183 passing with six touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 62 rushing yards (12.4 ypg) on 22 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Chuba Hubbard has 220 rushing yards on 56 carries. He’s also tacked on 12 catches for 78 yards (15.6 per game).
- Christian McCaffrey has rushed for 201 yards (40.2 per game) on 52 carries with one touchdown, while also checking in with 163 yards in the passing game (on 16 catches).
- D.J. Moore’s 440 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 50 times and has totaled 35 catches and three touchdowns.
- Robby Anderson has hauled in 12 passes while averaging 35.8 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
Panthers: Zach Kerr: Questionable (Toe), Eli Apple: Questionable (Hamstring), Curtis Samuel: Questionable (Knee), Donte Jackson: Questionable (Toe)
Minnesota stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota is 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 1.5-point underdogs this year, the Vikings are 2-0 against the spread.
- Minnesota has gone over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
|Pass yards||281.4 (1407)||8|
|Rush yards||113.8 (569)||14|
|Points scored||22.6 (113)||18|
|Pass yards against||263.4 (1317)||15|
|Rush yards against||130.0 (650)||22|
|Points allowed||21.8 (109)||9|
Key players for Minnesota
- Kirk Cousins has thrown for 1,396 yards on 69.6% passing while recording 10 touchdown passes with two interceptions this season.
- Alexander Mattison is his team’s leading rusher with 65 carries for 258 yards, or 51.6 per game. Mattison has also chipped in with 15 catches for 120 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Dalvin Cook has run for 226 yards across 51 carries, scoring one touchdown.
- Justin Jefferson paces his team with 462 receiving yards on 33 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Adam Thielen has 26 receptions (on 37 targets) for a total of 267 yards (53.4 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- K.J. Osborn has racked up 233 reciving yards (46.6 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Vikings: Dalvin Cook: Out (Groin), Holton Hill: Doubtful (Foot), Kris Boyd: Out (Hamstring), Dru Samia: Out (Wrist), K.J. Osborn: Out (Hamstring)
Pick for Panthers vs. Vikings
The Vikings are favored to cover the spread against the Panthers based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!