Carolina Panthers vs. Miami Dolphins Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 12 Predictions
The Miami Dolphins (4-7) will be trying to continue a three-game winning run against the Carolina Panthers (5-6). Despite that, the Panthers are slight favorites (-1). The total for this one is set at 42.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Carolina Panthers and Miami Dolphins in which the Panthers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Panthers Vs. Dolphins Spread Betting Action
Carolina stats and betting info
Betting trends for Carolina
- Carolina’s ATS record is 5-6-0 this season.
- The Panthers are 2-3 against the spread when favored by 1 point or more this season.
- Four of Carolina’s 11 games with a set total have hit the over (36.4%).
|Pass yards||216.6 (2383)||28|
|Rush yards||115.5 (1271)||15|
|Points scored||20.5 (226)||19|
|Pass yards against||195.4 (2149)||2|
|Rush yards against||114.5 (1260)||19|
|Points allowed||20.0 (220)||6|
Key players for Carolina
- Chuba Hubbard has 421 rushing yards on 120 carries with three touchdowns.
- This season, Christian McCaffrey has carried the ball 89 times for 407 yards (37.0 per game) and one touchdown, while also racking up 343 yards through the air with one touchdown.
- D.J. Moore’s 751 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 102 times and has collected 62 catches and four touchdowns.
- Robby Anderson has been the target of 65 passes and racked up 28 catches for 273 yards, an average of 24.8 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone three times through the air this season.
Panthers: John Miller: Questionable (Knee), Christian McCaffrey: Questionable (Shoulder), Dennis Daley: Out (Concussion), Tahir Whitehead: Questionable (Rib), Sam Franklin: Questionable (Ankle), Donte Jackson: Doubtful (Toe), Brandon Zylstra: Questionable (Shoulder), Russell Okung: Questionable (Calf), Marquis Haynes: Questionable (Shoulder)
Miami stats and betting info
Betting trends for Miami
- So far this year, Miami has compiled a 5-5-1 record against the spread.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1 point or more, the Dolphins have a 3-3-1 record against the spread.
- Four of Miami’s 11 games with a set total have hit the over (36.4%).
|Pass yards||250.4 (2754)||16|
|Rush yards||77.4 (851)||31|
|Points scored||18.3 (201)||23|
|Pass yards against||290.8 (3199)||29|
|Rush yards against||108.6 (1195)||13|
|Points allowed||24.5 (269)||24|
Key players for Miami
- Tua Tagovailoa has put up 1,471 passing yards, or 133.7 per game, so far this season. He has completed 68% of his passes and has thrown nine touchdowns with six interceptions.
- Myles Gaskin has rushed for 433 yards on 123 carries so far this year while scoring one time on the ground. He’s also tacked on 41 catches, totaling 209 yards and four touchdowns through the air.
- Salvon Ahmed has totaled 109 yards on 41 carries.
- Jaylen Waddle’s 622 receiving yards (56.5 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 68 receptions on 93 targets with three touchdowns.
- Mike Gesicki has put up a 579-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 49 passes on 76 targets.
- Durham Smythe’s 20 catches (on 26 targets) have netted him 221 yards (20.1 ypg).
Dolphins: Solomon Kindley: Out (Foot), Jakeem Grant Sr.: Questionable (Hamstring), Salvon Ahmed: Out (Shoulder), Tua Tagovailoa: Questionable (Left Thumb)
Pick for Panthers vs. Dolphins
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Panthers being favored to cover the spread against the Dolphins.
Enjoyed reading this analysis? We are working hard to get you actionable insights so you can use them while betting NFL same day parlay. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign-up offers.
Looking for other NFL games? Check out all NFL Week 12 odds and pick a game to bet on.