Buffalo Bills vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Buffalo Bills (0-0) are favored by 6.5 points versus the Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The total for this one is set at 48.5 points.
Best odds for Bills vs. Steelers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Buffalo Bills and Pittsburgh Steelers in which the Bills are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Steelers have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Bills Vs. Steelers Spread Betting Action
Buffalo stats and betting info
Betting trends for Buffalo
- Buffalo went 11-5-0 ATS last season.
- The Bills covered the spread twice when favored by 6.5 points or more last season (in four opportunities).
- Buffalo’s games hit the over 11 out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||299.1 (4786)||3|
|Rush yards||107.7 (1723)||20|
|Points scored||31.3 (501)||2|
|Pass yards against||246.6 (3946)||13|
|Rush yards against||119.6 (1914)||17|
|Points allowed||23.4 (375)||16|
Key players for Buffalo
- Josh Allen’s previous season stat line featured 4,544 passing yards (284.0 yards per game) while going 396-for-572 (69.2% completion percentage) with 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also rushed for 421 yards on 102 carries with eight rushing touchdowns, averaging 26.3 yards per game.
- Last year, Devin Singletary took 156 carries for 687 rushing yards (42.9 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 38 passes for 269 yards (16.8 receiving yards per game).
- Zack Moss racked up 481 yards on 112 carries (30.1 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Stefon Diggs grabbed 127 passes (on 166 targets) for 1,535 yards (95.9 yards per game). He also found the end zone for eight touchdowns.
- Cole Beasley also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 82 receptions for 967 yards and four touchdowns. He was targeted 107 times and produced 60.4 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Emmanuel Sanders grabbed 61 passes on 82 targets for 726 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 51.9 receiving yards per game.
Bills: Josh Norman: Out (Hamstring), Vernon Butler: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pittsburgh stats and betting info
Betting trends for Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh went 10-6-0 ATS last year.
- The Steelers won their only game last season when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Pittsburgh’s games hit the over eight out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||258.1 (4129)||16|
|Rush yards||84.4 (1351)||32|
|Points scored||26.0 (416)||12|
|Pass yards against||218.4 (3494)||3|
|Rush yards against||111.4 (1783)||10|
|Points allowed||19.5 (312)||3|
Key players for Pittsburgh
- Ben Roethlisberger averaged 237.7 passing yards per outing and threw 33 touchdowns last season.
- Benny Snell Jr. racked up four rushing touchdowns on 23.0 yards per game last season.
- Last season Kalen Ballage rushed for 25.3 yards per game. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Diontae Johnson was targeted nine times per game and collected 923 receiving yards and seven touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Chase Claypool collected nine touchdowns and had 873 receiving yards (54.6 ypg) in 2020.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 97 passes on his way to 831 receiving yards and nine touchdowns a season ago.
Steelers: David DeCastro: Out (Knee)
Pick for Bills vs. Steelers
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Bills being favored to cover the spread against the Steelers.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.