Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
The Boston Red Sox (79-60) host the Tampa Bay Rays (86-51) at 1:10 PM ET on Monday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Rafael Devers has 33 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Red Sox (-180), while Brandon Lowe is sixth in MLB play with 33 long balls this season for the underdog Rays (+155).
Boston has Chris Sale set to start, and Tampa Bay counters Ryan Yarbrough.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have come away with 52 wins in the 88 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 62 of their 139 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 699 total runs this season.
- Boston has been favored in six of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Red Sox and their foes are 4-6 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Red Sox will send Sale (3-0) out for his fifth start of the season. He is 3-0 with a 2.53 ERA and 24 strikeouts over 21 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the lefty tossed six innings against the Rays, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Sale’s four starts have all been victories for his team this season.
- Sale has started four contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
- The Rays have compiled a 25-20 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 55.6% of those games).
- Tampa Bay has had an over/under set by bookmakers 135 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 73 of those games (73-57-5).
- The Rays have the most productive offense in MLB action scoring 5.4 runs per game (733 total runs).
- Tampa Bay has not been the moneyline underdog over the last 10 games.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Yarbrough (8-4) gets the starting nod for the Rays in his 20th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.50 ERA in 134 innings pitched, with 104 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday against the Red Sox, the left-hander tossed six innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Yarbrough’s team has a 12-7 record in his starts this season.
- Yarbrough has had 19 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 14 of those matchups.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.