Boston Red Sox vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
Rafael Devers and Kyle Seager go head-to-head in a showdown of top-10 sluggers when the Boston Red Sox (82-65) and the Seattle Mariners (78-67) meet at 4:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Devers has 34 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Red Sox (-130), and Seager is sixth in MLB play with 34 home runs this season for the underdog Mariners (+112).
Boston has Tanner Houck set to start, while Seattle counters Marco Gonzales.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners in which the Red Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Red Sox vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||84%||16%|
|% of Stake||96%||4%|
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been chosen as favorites in 93 games this year and have walked away with the win 54 times (58.1%) in those games.
- Boston and their opponents have gone over in 67 of their 147 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fourth with 743 total runs this season.
- Boston has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won three of those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Red Sox and their opponents are 6-4 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Houck gets the start for the Red Sox, his 12th of the season. He is 0-4 with a 3.54 ERA and 63 strikeouts in 53 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the White Sox, when he threw 3 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Houck’s team has a 5-6 record in his 11 starts.
- Houck has started 11 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
- The Mariners have gone 58-48 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 54.7% of those games).
- In the 145 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Seattle, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 74 times (74-65-6).
- The Mariners score the 22nd-most runs in baseball (617 total, 4.3 per game).
- Seattle has a 2-3 record from the five games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals) the Mariners combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total each time.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gonzales gets the start for the Mariners, his 22nd of the season. He is 8-5 with a 4.03 ERA and 88 strikeouts in 118 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Diamondbacks, when the lefty tossed six innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Over Gonzales’ 21 starts, his team is 13-8.
- Gonzales has had 21 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and seven of those outings hit the over.
Pick for Red Sox vs. Mariners
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites points to the Red Sox being favored to win over the Mariners.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!