Boston Red Sox vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Two of MLB’s most productive power hitters go head-to-head when the Boston Red Sox (81-65) and the Seattle Mariners (78-66) play at 10:10 PM ET on Tuesday at T-Mobile Park. Rafael Devers has 34 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Red Sox (-137), and Kyle Seager ranks sixth in MLB play with 34 round-trippers this season for the Mariners (+118).
Nathan Eovaldi starts for Boston, and Tyler Anderson is Seattle’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners in which the Red Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Red Sox vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||86%||14%|
|% of Stake||82%||18%|
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been chosen as favorites in 92 games this year and have walked away with the win 53 times (57.6%) in those games.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 66 of their 146 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have scored 735 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Boston has a record of 3-4.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Red Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Eovaldi (10-8 with a 3.57 ERA and 171 strikeouts in 163 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Red Sox, his 29th of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Wednesday against the Rays, when he threw seven scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- Eovaldi’s team has a 16-12 record in his 28 starts.
- Eovaldi has had 28 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 13 of those outings.
- The Mariners have been the moneyline underdog 105 total times this season. They’ve finished 58-47 in those games.
- In the 144 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Seattle, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 73 times (73-65-6).
- The Mariners are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (613 total).
- Seattle has a 2-2 record over the four games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals) the Mariners combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total each time.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson (1-1 with a 3.83 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Mariners, his ninth of the season.
- The left-hander’s most recent appearance came on Wednesday against the Astros, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Anderson’s team has a 5-3 record in his eight starts.
- Anderson has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in four of those games.
Pick for Red Sox vs. Mariners
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Red Sox to win over the Mariners.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!