Boston Red Sox vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for August 26, 2021
Both the Boston Red Sox (72-55) and the Minnesota Twins (54-71) will look for another strong showing from sluggers on a hot streak when the teams square off on Thursday at 7:10 PM ET at Fenway Park. Travis Shaw is currently on a two-game home run streak for the favored Red Sox (-320), and Jorge Polanco has also hit home runs in two games in a row for the underdog Twins (+250).
Boston’s Chris Sale starts against Minnesota’s John Gant.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins in which the Red Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Red Sox vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||99%||1%|
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been chosen as favorites in 80 games this year and have walked away with the win 47 times (58.8%) in those games.
- Boston and their opponents have hit the over in 56 of their 127 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Red Sox have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 637.
- Boston has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 6-1 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Red Sox and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Sale (2-0) pitches first for the Red Sox to make his third start this season.
- His last time out was on Friday against the Rangers, when the lefty tossed five scoreless innings while allowing five hits.
- His team won both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Sale’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1 against the total.
- The Twins have been the moneyline underdog 55 total times this season. They’ve gone 22-33 in those games.
- Minnesota has played in 124 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 73 times (73-46-5).
- The Twins have the No. 13 offense in MLB action scoring 4.6 runs per game (577 total runs).
- Minnesota was the moneyline underdog for six of its last 10 games, and went 1-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Twins and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Twins will look to Gant (0-1) to open the game and make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Thursday against the Yankees, when he tossed 3 1/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up three hits.
- His team has lost the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Gant’s lone start with a total this season went over.
Pick for Red Sox vs. Twins
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the Red Sox to win over the Twins.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.