Boston Red Sox vs. Cleveland Indians: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Rafael Devers and Jose Ramirez square off in a battle between top-10 power hitters when the Boston Red Sox (79-59) and the Cleveland Indians (67-66) play at 1:10 PM ET on Sunday. Devers has 33 homers (sixth in the league) for the favored Red Sox (-159), and Ramirez ranks seventh in MLB play with 32 long balls this season for the underdog Indians (+138).
Nick Pivetta takes the mound first for Boston, and Zach Plesac is Cleveland’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Cleveland Indians.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have won in 52, or 59.8%, of the 87 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 61 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 690 total runs this season.
- Boston has been favored in six of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Red Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Pivetta (9-7 with a 4.67 ERA and 151 strikeouts in 135 innings pitched) tries for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Red Sox, his 27th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Monday, the right-hander went five innings against the Rays, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Pivetta’s team is 15-11 over his 26 starts.
- Pivetta has had 26 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 11 of those games finished over the total.
- The Indians have won 30 of the 74 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (40.5%).
- Cleveland has played in 131 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-57-6).
- The Indians have the No. 19 offense in MLB play scoring 4.5 runs per game (590 total runs).
- Cleveland went 4-4 across the eight games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Indians and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Plesac will look to earn his 10th win when he gets the start for the Indians, his 21st of the season. He is 9-4 with a 4.49 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 114 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Wednesday against the Royals, when the righty went seven scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- Plesac’s team has won 12 of his 20 starts.
- Plesac’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 12 of 20 games.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!