Boston Red Sox vs. Cleveland Indians: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
The Boston Red Sox (78-59) host the Cleveland Indians (67-65) at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Rafael Devers has 32 homers (sixth in the league) for the favored Red Sox (-193), while Jose Ramirez ranks sixth in MLB play with 32 long balls this season for the underdog Indians (+164).
Boston’s Tanner Houck starts against Cleveland’s Eli Morgan.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Cleveland Indians in which the Red Sox are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Red Sox vs Indians Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||94%||6%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorous in 51, or 59.3%, of the 86 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 61 of their 137 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 682 total runs this season.
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Boston has a record of 4-2.
- When it comes to the total, the Red Sox and their opponents are 5-5 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Red Sox will send Houck (0-3) out for his 10th start of the season. He is 0-3 with a 3.63 ERA and 55 strikeouts through 44 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday against the Indians, the righty went 5 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering one hit.
- Houck’s team has a 4-5 record in his starts this season.
- Houck’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of nine contests.
- The Indians have gone 30-43 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 41.1% of those games).
- Cleveland has had an over/under set by bookmakers 130 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 68 of those games (68-56-6).
- The Indians score the 17th-most runs in baseball (585 total, 4.5 per game).
- Cleveland has a 4-3 record from the seven games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Indians and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Indians will send Morgan (2-6) to the mound for his 14th start of the season. He is 2-6 with a 5.98 ERA and 61 strikeouts over 61 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Red Sox, when he tossed three innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- Over Morgan’s 13 starts, his team is 6-7.
- Morgan’s starts hit the over on the run total eight times in 13 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Red Sox vs. Indians
Betting split data from regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth games analysis favors the Red Sox to win over the Indians.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.