Boston Red Sox vs. Cleveland Indians: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
A pair of the league’s top power hitters square off when the Boston Red Sox (77-59) and the Cleveland Indians (67-64) play at 7:10 PM ET on Friday at Fenway Park. Rafael Devers has 32 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Red Sox (-195), and Jose Ramirez ranks eighth in MLB play with 31 long balls this season for the Indians (+165).
Boston’s Nathan Eovaldi starts against Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Cleveland Indians.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorous in 50, or 58.8%, of the 85 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 60 of their 136 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have scored the third-most runs in the league this season with 682.
- Boston has played as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 4-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the total, the Red Sox and their opponents are 5-5 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Eovaldi (10-8) takes the mound first for the Red Sox in his 27th start of the season. He has a 3.71 ERA in 150 1/3 innings pitched, with 154 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the righty threw 5 1/3 innings against the Indians, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Eovaldi’s team is 14-12 in his 26 starts.
- Eovaldi’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
- The Indians have been the underdog on the moneyline 72 total times this season. They’ve finished 30-42 in those games.
- Cleveland has played in 129 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-56-6).
- The Indians are the 17th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.5 runs per game (585 total).
- Cleveland was the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and went 4-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Indians and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Quantrill gets the start for the Indians, his 18th of the season. He is 4-2 with a 2.93 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 116 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last time out came on Saturday against the Red Sox, when he went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up six hits.
- Quantrill’s team has a 6-11 record in his starts this season.
- Quantrill’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 17 games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!