Boston Red Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Bobby Dalbec has 99 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the Boston Red Sox (88-69) take on the Baltimore Orioles (51-106) on Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Red Sox are favored (-247) over the Orioles (+204).
Boston’s Nathan Eovaldi and Baltimore’s Zac Lowther will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorous in 60, or 58.8%, of the 102 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 72 of their 157 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have scored 805 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Boston has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 6-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Red Sox and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Red Sox will send Eovaldi (10-9) out to make his 32nd start of the season. He is 10-9 with a 3.88 ERA and 188 strikeouts through 176 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Friday against the Yankees, when he threw 2 2/3 innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Eovaldi’s team is 18-13 in his 31 starts.
- Eovaldi has had 31 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those matchups finished over the total.
- The Orioles are 46-97 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 32.2% of those games).
- Baltimore has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 77 times this season for a 77-74-6 record against the over/under.
- The Orioles are the fifth-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.1 runs per game (644 total).
- Baltimore has a 3-4 record from the seven games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Orioles combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lowther makes the start for the Orioles, his sixth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 7.66 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Thursday against the Rangers, when the left-hander went five scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- Lowther’s team has a 1-4 record over his five starts.
- Lowther has started five contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in three of them.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!