Baltimore Orioles vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 9, 2021
Austin Hays takes a 15-game hitting streak into the Baltimore Orioles’ (45-93) matchup with the Kansas City Royals (62-77). The Orioles are the moneyline favorite (-124) for this contest against the Royals (+106), which starts at 7:05 PM ET on Thursday at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
John Means starts for Baltimore while Kansas City will counter with Carlos Hernandez.
Best Odds for Baltimore Orioles vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Baltimore Orioles and Kansas City Royals in which the Orioles are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Orioles vs Royals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||74%||26%|
|% of Stake||60%||40%|
- The Orioles have come away with four wins in the 10 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in 70 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Orioles have scored 575 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Orioles are listed as odds-on favorites for the first time in quite a while, they have been posted as underdogs in their last 10 games.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Orioles and their foes are 4-5-1 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Means makes the start for the Orioles, his 22nd of the season. He is 5-6 with a 3.47 ERA and 109 strikeouts through 119 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Friday against the Yankees, when he tossed five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Over Means’ 21 starts, his team is 7-14.
- Means’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in seven of 21 contests.
- The Royals have been the underdog on the moneyline 96 total times this season. They’ve finished 41-55 in those games.
- In the 139 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Kansas City, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-71-9).
- The Royals score the 24th-most runs in baseball (582 total, 4.2 per game).
- Kansas City has a 2-2 record across the four games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Royals are sending Hernandez (5-1) out to make his ninth start of the season. He is 5-1 with a 3.57 ERA and 69 strikeouts through 70 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the White Sox, when he tossed six innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In Hernandez’s eight starts, his team is 6-2.
- Hernandez has had eight starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and five of those outings hit the over.
Pick for Orioles vs. Royals
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth games analysis favors the Orioles to win over the Royals.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.