Baltimore Orioles vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Austin Hays will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his Baltimore Orioles (43-93) square off against the Kansas City Royals (62-75) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-120) over the Royals (+100).
Matt Harvey starts for Baltimore while Kansas City will counter with Jackson Kowar.
Best Odds for Baltimore Orioles vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Baltimore Orioles and Kansas City Royals.
- The Orioles have won in four of the 10 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 69 of their 136 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles have scored 559 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Baltimore are favorites for the first time in a while, as they have been listed as underdogs in their last 10 games.
- When it comes to the total, the Orioles and their opponents are 3-7 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Harvey gets the start for the Orioles, his 28th of the season. He is 6-14 with a 6.28 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Blue Jays, when he went four innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Harvey’s team has won 10 of his 27 starts.
- Harvey has started 27 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 14 of them.
- The Royals have put together a 41-55 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 42.7% of those games).
- Kansas City has had an over/under set by bookmakers 137 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 58 of those games (58-71-8).
- The Royals have the No. 24 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (571 total runs).
- Kansas City went 4-2 over the six games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Royals are sending Kowar (0-2) out for his fourth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 9.82 ERA and eight strikeouts in 11 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, the righty threw six innings against the Indians, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- All three of Kowar’s starts this season have ended in defeat for his team.
- Kowar’s starts went over the run total two times in three games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!