Baltimore Orioles vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Austin Hays will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Baltimore Orioles (43-92) play the Kansas City Royals (61-75) on Monday at 1:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-115) over the Royals (-105).
Baltimore has Zac Lowther set to start, and Kansas City counters Kris Bubic.
Best Odds for Baltimore Orioles vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Baltimore Orioles and Kansas City Royals.
- The Orioles have been chosen as favorites in 10 games this year and have walked away with the win four times (40%) in those games.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 69 of their 135 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles have scored 557 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Baltimore has been the favorite just one time in the past 10 contests and won that that game.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Orioles and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lowther (0-1) takes the mound first for the Orioles to make his second start of the season.
- His most recent appearance came in relief on Wednesday, July 7 when the left-hander tossed two innings against the Blue Jays, surrendering one earned run while giving up two hits.
- His team lost the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Lowther’s only start with a total this season went over.
- The Royals have won 41 of the 96 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (42.7%).
- Kansas City has had an over/under set by bookmakers 136 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 58 of those games (58-70-8).
- The Royals are the 24th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.2 runs per game (568 total).
- Kansas City has a 5-2 record from the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Bubic (4-6) gets the starting nod for the Royals in his 16th start of the season. He has a 5.16 ERA in 99 1/3 innings pitched, with 91 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came in relief on Friday when the left-hander tossed two innings against the Indians, surrendering one earned run while giving up only one hit.
- Bubic’s team has a 10-5 record in his starts this season.
- Bubic has started 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!