Atlanta Falcons vs. San Francisco 49ers Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 15 Predictions
The San Francisco 49ers (7-6) are considered favorites (-8.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Atlanta Falcons (6-7) on December 19, 2021, starting at 4:05 PM ET. The total for this one is set at 45.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons in which bettors are fairly split as to which team will cover the spread, with both the total stake and number of wagers placed for the teams are nearly even. The 49ers currently hold the slight edge in overall stake at sportsbooks.
49ers Vs. Falcons Spread Betting Action
San Francisco stats and betting info
Betting trends for San Francisco
- San Francisco has gone 6-7-0 ATS this season.
- The 49ers are 0-1 against the spread when favored by 8.5 points or more this season.
- San Francisco has hit the over in seven of its 13 games with a set total (53.8%).
|Pass yards||253.2 (3291)||15|
|Rush yards||123.9 (1611)||9|
|Points scored||25.3 (329)||13|
|Pass yards against||232.9 (3028)||7|
|Rush yards against||112.2 (1458)||17|
|Points allowed||23.2 (301)||20|
Key players for San Francisco
- Jimmy Garoppolo has racked up 2,937 yards (225.9 ypg) on 234-of-351 passing with 17 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Elijah Mitchell, has carried the ball 165 times for 759 yards (58.4 per game), scoring five times.
- Deebo Samuel has 240 yards (18.5 per game) on 33 carries with six touchdowns, while also hauling in 1,028 yards in the passing game (on 57 catches), finding the end zone five times through the air.
- George Kittle has caught 57 passes for 757 yards (58.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Brandon Aiyuk has a total of 549 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 41 passes and scoring four touchdowns.
San Francisco injuries
49ers: Hroniss Grasu: Out (Knee), Emmanuel Moseley: Questionable (Hamstring), Deebo Samuel: Out (Hamstring), K’Waun Williams: Questionable (Ankle), Fred Warner: Questionable (Stinger)
Atlanta stats and betting info
Betting trends for Atlanta
- So far this year, Atlanta has put together a 6-7-0 record against the spread.
- The Falcons have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 8.5 points or more this year (0-2).
- The teams have hit the over in six of Atlanta’s 13 games with a set total.
|Pass yards||240.2 (3123)||17|
|Rush yards||91.1 (1184)||27|
|Points scored||18.8 (245)||26|
|Pass yards against||258.7 (3363)||20|
|Rush yards against||117.1 (1522)||23|
|Points allowed||27.2 (353)||28|
Key players for Atlanta
- Matt Ryan has put up 3,104 passing yards, or 238.8 per game, so far this season. He has completed 68.1% of his passes and has tossed 17 touchdowns with 11 interceptions.
- The team’s top rusher, Cordarrelle Patterson, has carried the ball 122 times for 547 yards (42.1 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 519 receiving yards (39.9 per game) on 46 catches with five receiving touchdowns.
- Mike Davis has collected 382 yards (on 111 attempts) with two touchdowns, while also catching 39 passes for 239 yards and one touchdown.
- Kyle Pitts has collected 54 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 770 (59.2 yards per game). He’s been targeted 88 times and has and one touchdown.
- Russell Gage has racked up 464 reciving yards (35.7 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Falcons: Julio Jones: Out (Hamstring), Darqueze Dennard: Out (Quadricep), Marlon Davidson: Out (Knee), James Carpenter: Questionable (Groin), Kaleb McGary: Questionable (Not Injury Related), Ricardo Allen: Out (Concussion)
Pick for 49ers vs. Falcons
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the 49ers to cover the spread against the Falcons.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.
Looking for complete Week 15 NFL odds ?