Atlanta Falcons vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Atlanta Falcons (0-0) are favored by 3 points versus the Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 48.
Best odds for Falcons vs. Eagles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles in which the Falcons are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Falcons Vs. Eagles Spread Betting Action
Atlanta stats and betting info
Betting trends for Atlanta
- Atlanta went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- The Falcons covered the spread when playing as at least 3-point favorites in their only opportunity last season.
- Atlanta’s games went over the point total seven out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||288.8 (4620)||5|
|Rush yards||95.8 (1532)||27|
|Points scored||24.8 (396)||16|
|Pass yards against||307.4 (4918)||32|
|Rush yards against||104.8 (1677)||6|
|Points allowed||25.9 (414)||19|
Key players for Atlanta
- Matt Ryan put up a passing stat line last year of 4,581 passing yards with a 65% completion rate (407-of-626), 26 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, and an average of 286.3 yards per game.
- Last year, Wayne Gallman picked up 682 rushing yards (42.6 yards per game) and six touchdowns.
- Mike Davis ran for 642 yards on 165 carries (40.1 ypg), with six rushing touchdowns last year. Davis also made his name known on the passing side of the game with 59 receptions for 373 yards (23.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Calvin Ridley hauled in 90 catches for 1,374 yards (85.9 ypg) while he was targeted 143 times. He also scored nine touchdowns.
- Russell Gage amassed 786 yards on 72 grabs with four touchdowns. He was targeted 109 times and averaged 49.1 receiving yards per game last year.
- Hayden Hurst hauled in 56 passes on 88 targets for 571 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 35.7 yards per game last year.
Falcons: Marlon Davidson: Questionable (Knee), Charles Harris: Out (Ankle), Kendall Sheffield: Out (Foot)
Philadelphia stats and betting info
Betting trends for Philadelphia
- Philadelphia went 6-10-0 ATS last season.
- The Eagles were an underdog by 3 points or more eight times last season, and covered the spread in five of those games.
- A total of seven of Philadelphia’s games last season went over the point total.
|Pass yards||233.0 (3728)||26|
|Rush yards||126.7 (2027)||9|
|Points scored||20.9 (334)||26|
|Pass yards against||257.6 (4122)||18|
|Rush yards against||125.8 (2012)||23|
|Points allowed||26.1 (418)||20|
Key players for Philadelphia
- Gardner Minshew completed 66.1% of his passes to throw for 2,259 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
- Miles Sanders tallied 867 rushing yards and six touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Boston Scott ran for one touchdown on 374 yards a year ago.
- Dallas Goedert averaged 43.7 yards on 3.8 receptions per game and racked up three receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Greg Ward averaged 26.2 receiving yards on 4.9 targets per game in 2020, scoring six touchdowns.
- Jalen Reagor worked his way to one receiving touchdown and 396 receiving yards (33.0 ypg) last season.
Eagles: Alshon Jeffery: Out (Foot), Derek Barnett: Out (Hamstring), Miles Sanders: Out (Hamstring), Javon Hargrave: Out (Pectoral), Lane Johnson: Questionable (Ankle)
Pick for Falcons vs. Eagles
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Falcons being favored to cover the spread against the Eagles.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.