Atlanta Falcons vs. New York Jets: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
The Atlanta Falcons (1-3) are considered favorites (-3.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the New York Jets (1-3) on October 10, 2021, starting at 9:30 AM ET. The game has an over/under of 46 points.
Best odds for Falcons vs. Jets
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Falcons Vs. Jets Spread Betting Action
Atlanta stats and betting info
Betting trends for Atlanta
- Atlanta has covered the spread once in four opportunities this season.
- The Falcons are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- In Atlanta’s four games with a set total, two have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||247.5 (990)||21|
|Rush yards||86.8 (347)||26|
|Points scored||19.5 (78)||24|
|Pass yards against||274.0 (1096)||20|
|Rush yards against||119.3 (477)||18|
|Points allowed||32.0 (128)||32|
Key players for Atlanta
- Matt Ryan has 990 yards passing for Atlanta, completing 67.9% of his passes and throwing eight touchdowns and three interceptions this season.
- Mike Davis has racked up 151 yards on 49 carries. He’s also caught 16 passes for 80 yards (20.0 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- This season, Cordarrelle Patterson has carried the ball 27 times for 119 yards (29.8 per game) and one touchdown, while also racking up 235 yards through the air with four touchdowns.
- Calvin Ridley’s leads his squad with 255 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 27 catches (out of 42 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Kyle Pitts has a total of 189 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 15 throws.
Falcons: Jaylinn Hawkins: Out (Concussion), Julio Jones: Questionable (Hamstring)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York is 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Jets have a 1-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- One of New York’s four games with a set total has hit the over (25%).
|Pass yards||231.3 (925)||27|
|Rush yards||76.5 (306)||29|
|Points scored||11.8 (47)||32|
|Pass yards against||249.5 (998)||13|
|Rush yards against||127.3 (509)||23|
|Points allowed||23.5 (94)||14|
Key players for New York
- Zach Wilson has recored 925 passing yards, or 231.3 per game, so far this season. He has completed 56.8% of his passes and has collected four touchdowns with eight interceptions.
- Michael Carter is his team’s leading rusher with 37 carries for 127 yards, or 31.8 per game. He’s found the end zone one time on the ground, as well.
- Ty Johnson has collected 83 yards (on 22 attempts).
- Corey Davis’ 257 receiving yards (64.3 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 16 catches on 29 targets with three touchdowns.
- Braxton Berrios has caught 15 passes and compiled 150 receiving yards (37.5 per game).
- Keelan Cole’s five catches (on six targets) have netted him 122 yards (30.5 ypg).
New York injuries
Jets: Jordan Jenkins: Questionable (Shoulder), Sam Darnold: Out (Right Shoulder), Breshad Perriman: Doubtful (Ankle), Blessuan Austin: Questionable (Calf), Chris Hogan: Questionable (Ribs), Mekhi Becton: Doubtful (Shoulder), John Franklin-Myers: Questionable (Foot), Ashtyn Davis: Questionable (Groin)
Pick for Falcons vs. Jets
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Falcons to cover the spread against the Jets.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!