Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 9, 2021
The Atlanta Braves (73-65) host the Washington Nationals (58-81) at 7:20 PM ET on Thursday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent hitters. Austin Riley has a batting average .301 (10th in the league) for the favored Braves (-226), while Juan Soto is eighth in MLB play hitting .302 this season for the underdog Nationals (+187).
Atlanta’s Huascar Ynoa and Washington’s Erick Fedde will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals in which the Braves are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Braves vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||92%||8%|
|% of Stake||98%||2%|
- The Braves have been chosen as favorites in 93 games this year and have walked away with the win 52 times (55.9%) in those games.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in 63 of their 137 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Braves are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 673 total runs this season.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Atlanta has a record of 4-3.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on two occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ynoa gets the start for the Braves, his 13th of the season. He is 4-5 with a 3.19 ERA and 71 strikeouts over 67 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Rockies, allowing four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Ynoa’s team has won six of his 12 starts.
- Ynoa has had 11 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in four of those matchups.
- The Nationals have won 31% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (27-60).
- Washington has had an over/under set by bookmakers 138 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 63 of those games (63-71-4).
- The Nationals have the No. 17 offense in baseball scoring 4.4 runs per game (617 total runs).
- Washington was the moneyline underdog in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 3-6 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Nationals are sending Fedde (6-9) to the mound to make his 24th start of the season. He is 6-9 with a 5.27 ERA and 105 strikeouts over 111 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday against the Mets, the righty tossed three innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- Over Fedde’s 23 starts, his team is 11-12.
- Fedde has started 23 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
Pick for Braves vs. Nationals
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Braves being favored to win over the Nationals.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.