Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Ozzie Albies rides a three-game home run streak into the Atlanta Braves’ (72-64) matchup against the Washington Nationals (57-80). The Braves are favored on the moneyline (-211) in this contest with the Nationals (+184), which starts at 7:20 PM ET on Tuesday at Truist Park.
Max Fried gets the starting nod for Atlanta, and Paolo Espino is Washington’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals in which the Braves are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Braves vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||97%||3%|
- The Braves have been favorites in 91 games this season and have come away with the win 51 times (56%) in those contests.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in 62 of their 135 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Braves have scored 663 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- Atlanta has competed as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 4-3 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on two occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Braves are sending Fried (11-7) out to make his 24th start of the season. He is 11-7 with a 3.51 ERA and 131 strikeouts through 130 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Dodgers, when he threw six innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Fried’s team is 13-10 in his 23 starts.
- Fried has started 23 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Nationals have won 30.6% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (26-59).
- Washington has played in 136 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-70-4).
- The Nationals have the No. 18 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (604 total runs).
- Washington went 2-7 across the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Nationals combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Espino gets the start for the Nationals, his 15th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 4.08 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 86 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Thursday against the Phillies, when the right-hander went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- Espino’s team is 5-9 in his 14 starts.
- Espino’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in six of 14 games.
Pick for Braves vs. Nationals
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Braves being favored to win over the Nationals.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!