Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies: Best Odds and Preview for September 30, 2021
The Atlanta Braves (85-72) host the Philadelphia Phillies (81-77) at 7:20 PM ET on Thursday in a matchup featuring two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Austin Riley has a batting average .302 (seventh in the league) for the favored Braves (-151), while Bryce Harper ranks sixth in MLB play hitting .306 this season for the underdog Phillies (+130).
Atlanta has Ian Anderson starting, while Philadelphia will counter with Kyle Gibson.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Philadelphia Phillies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies.
- The Braves have won in 62, or 57.4%, of the 108 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Atlanta and their opponents have hit the over in 72 of their 156 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Braves are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 764 total runs this season.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Atlanta has a record of 7-1.
- When it comes to the total, the Braves and their foes are 6-4 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson (8-5) takes the mound first for the Braves in his 24th start of the season. He has a 3.60 ERA in 122 1/3 innings pitched, with 122 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out was on Thursday, Sept. 23 against the Diamondbacks, when he went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up two hits.
- Anderson’s team has won 12 of his 23 starts.
- Anderson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 11 of 23 contests.
- The Phillies have won 48.5% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (33-35).
- Philadelphia has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 77 times this season for a 77-76-5 record against the over/under.
- The Phillies score the 12th-most runs in baseball (719 total, 4.6 per game).
- Philadelphia did not win a game while the underdog on the moneyline over the last 10 games in three tries.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gibson makes the start for the Phillies, his 11th of the season. He is 4-5 with a 4.87 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 64 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday against the Pirates, when he threw six innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing three hits.
- In Gibson’s 10 starts, his team is 5-5.
- Gibson has had 10 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in four of those outings.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.