Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Jazz Chisholm is only one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Miami Marlins (60-82) ready for a matchup against the Atlanta Braves (75-66) on Sunday at 1:20 PM ET. The Marlins are underdogs (+212) against the Braves (-260).
Atlanta’s Max Fried starts against Miami’s Edward Cabrera.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins in which the Marlins are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Braves have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Braves vs Marlins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||92%||8%|
|% of Stake||6%||94%|
- The Braves have won in 54, or 56.2%, of the 96 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 65 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Braves have scored 690 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- Atlanta has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Fried (11-7) gets the starting nod for the Braves in his 25th start of the season. He has a 3.42 ERA in 136 2/3 innings pitched, with 136 strikeouts.
- His last time out was on Tuesday against the Nationals, when the left-hander went six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up six hits.
- In Fried’s 24 starts, his team is 14-10.
- Fried has started 24 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
- The Marlins have compiled a 35-63 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 35.7% of those games).
- Miami has played in 142 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-70-10).
- The Marlins have the No. 27 offense in MLB action scoring four runs per game (561 total runs).
- Miami has a 5-5 record over the 10 games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Cabrera (0-1 with a 7.11 ERA and five strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Marlins, his fourth of the season.
- In his most recent outing on Tuesday against the Mets, the righty tossed 2 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering one hit.
- Cabrera’s team has put together a 1-2 record over his three starts.
- Cabrera’s starts went over the run total one time in three games with a set total this season.
|Bryan De La Cruz||36||.349||.393||.496||4||15||45|
Pick for Braves vs. Marlins
Betting split data from regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Marlins to win over the Braves.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!