Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Jazz Chisholm sits at 97 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the Miami Marlins (59-82) play the Atlanta Braves (75-65) on Saturday at 7:20 PM ET. The Marlins are the underdog (+197) in this matchup with the Braves (-238).
Charlie Morton starts for Atlanta while Miami will counter with Elieser Hernandez.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins in which the Marlins are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Braves have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Braves vs Marlins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||97%||3%|
|% of Stake||4%||96%|
- The Braves have been chosen as favorites in 95 games this year and have walked away with the win 54 times (56.8%) in those games.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 64 of their 139 opportunities.
- The Braves have scored the eighth-most runs in the league this season with 686.
- Atlanta has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 5-3 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Morton (13-5) gets the starting nod for the Braves in his 29th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.42 ERA in 158 innings pitched, with 185 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Rockies, when the right-hander tossed seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing two hits.
- Morton’s team is 15-13 over his 28 starts.
- Morton’s starts went over the run total 13 times in 28 games with a set total this season.
- The Marlins have won 35.1% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (34-63).
- Miami has played in 141 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-70-10).
- The Marlins score the third-fewest runs in baseball (555 total, 3.9 per game).
- Miami was the moneyline underdog for each of its last 10 games, and finished 4-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Hernandez makes the start for the Marlins, his eighth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 3.90 ERA and 33 strikeouts in 32 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the righty threw five innings against the Phillies, giving up three earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- Over Hernandez’s seven starts, his team is 3-4.
- Hernandez’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in four of seven contests.
|Bryan De La Cruz||35||.336||.378||.464||3||13||42|
Pick for Braves vs. Marlins
An in-depth games analysis paired with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Marlins to win over the Braves.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.