Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
Stephen Vogt leads the Atlanta Braves (74-65) into a contest with the Miami Marlins (59-81) after he homered twice in a 7-6 win over the Nationals. The Braves are moneyline favorites (-240) against the Marlins (+195) in this outing, which starts at 7:20 PM ET on Friday.
Atlanta has Ian Anderson set to start, while Miami counters Trevor Rogers.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins.
- The Braves have been chosen as favorites in 94 games this year and have walked away with the win 53 times (56.4%) in those games.
- Atlanta’s games have gone over the total in 64 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Braves are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking eighth with 680 total runs this season.
- Atlanta has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Braves and their opponents are 3-7 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson (6-5) gets the starting nod for the Braves in his 21st start of the season. He’s put together a 3.61 ERA in 104 2/3 innings pitched, with 98 strikeouts.
- His last time out was on Sunday against the Rockies, when the righty tossed three innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Anderson’s team has won 10 of his 20 starts.
- Anderson has started 20 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
- The Marlins have won 35.4% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (34-62).
- Miami has played in 140 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-70-9).
- The Marlins have the No. 27 offense in MLB play scoring four runs per game (553 total runs).
- Miami was the moneyline underdog in each of its last 10 games, and finished 5-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Rogers (7-6 with a 2.60 ERA and 132 strikeouts in 114 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Marlins, his 22nd of the season.
- In his last outing on Saturday against the Phillies, the lefty went 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Rogers’ team is 10-11 in his 21 starts.
- Rogers has had 21 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and eight of those games finished over the total.
|Bryan De La Cruz||34||.331||.374||.463||3||13||40|
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!