Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Miguel Rojas has 99 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when the Miami Marlins (51-69) meet the Atlanta Braves (64-56) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Marlins are the underdog (+198) in this matchup with the Braves (-240). Charlie Morton takes the mound first for Atlanta, and Jesus Luzardo is Miami’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins in which the Braves are currently the pick among bettors to claim victory.
Braves vs Marlins Moneyline Action
- The Braves have won in 43, or 55.1%, of the 78 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in 59 of their 119 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Braves have scored 589 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- Atlanta has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 8-2 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Braves and their foes are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Morton (11-4) gets the starting nod for the Braves in his 25th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.43 ERA in 134 innings pitched, with 155 strikeouts.
- In his most recent outing on Friday against the Nationals, the righty went six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Morton’s team has won 13 of his 25 starts.
- Morton has had 25 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 12 of those games.
- The Marlins have a 29-51 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 36.2% of those games).
- In the 120 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Miami, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 55 times (55-57-8).
- The Marlins have the No. 26 offense in MLB action scoring four runs per game (481 total runs).
- Miami went 1-6 over the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Luzardo makes the start for the Marlins, his fourth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 9.20 ERA and 13 strikeouts over 14 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday against the Cubs, when he tossed five innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Over Luzardo’s three starts, his team is 2-1.
- Luzardo has three starts with a set total this season — his team has gone over in each.
|Bryan De La Cruz||17||.302||.333||.429||2||7||19|
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.