Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros: World Series Game 5 Best Odds and Preview for October 31, 2021
The Atlanta Braves (88-73) and the Houston Astros (95-67) play in a matchup oddsmakers have set as a pick ’em on Sunday at Truist Park, starting at 8:15 PM ET.
Atlanta has not named a starter while Houston is projected to start Framber Valdez.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Houston Astros
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Houston Astros.
- The Braves have been favorites in 112 games this season and have come away with the win 65 times (58%) in those contests.
- Contests with Atlanta have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 73 of 160 chances this season.
- The Braves have scored the eighth-most runs in the league this season with 790.
- Atlanta has competed as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 7-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Braves and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
- The Astros have a 12-15 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 44.4% of those games).
- In the 162 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 85 times (85-69-8).
- The Astros score the most runs in baseball (863 total, 5.3 per game).
- Houston has been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just one time over the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Valdez (11-6 with a 3.14 ERA and 125 strikeouts in 134 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Astros, his 23rd of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the left-hander threw two innings against the Braves, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Valdez’s team has put together a 13-9 record over his 22 starts.
- Valdez has started 22 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!