Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros: World Series Game 3 Best Odds and Preview for October 29, 2021
The Atlanta Braves (88-73) are at home for Game 3 of the World Series against the Houston Astros (95-67) on Friday 8:09 PM ET at Truist Park. The teams are tied up 1-1 in the series.
Atlanta’s Ian Anderson starts against Houston’s Luis Garcia.
Best Odds for Atlanta Braves vs Houston Astros
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Atlanta Braves and Houston Astros in which the Braves are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Braves vs Astros Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||70%||30%|
|% of Stake||60%||40%|
- The Braves have been chosen as favorites in 112 games this year and have walked away with the win 65 times (58%) in those games.
- Atlanta and their opponents have hit the over in 73 of their 160 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Braves are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking eighth with 790 total runs this season.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Atlanta has a record of 7-1.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Braves and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Braves will send Anderson (9-5) to the mound to make his 25th start of the season as he tries for his 10th win. He is 9-5 with a 3.58 ERA and 124 strikeouts in 128 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Dodgers, when the right-hander threw four innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Anderson’s team has a 13-11 record in his starts this season.
- Anderson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 11 of 24 contests.
- The Astros have been the moneyline underdog 27 total times this season. They’ve gone 12-15 in those games.
- Houston has played in 162 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 85 times (85-69-8).
- The Astros have the most prolific offense in MLB action scoring 5.3 runs per game (863 total runs).
- Houston was listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just one time in the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Astros are sending Garcia (11-8) to the mound for his 29th start of the season. He is 11-8 with a 3.24 ERA and 167 strikeouts in 155 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Red Sox, when he went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up one hit.
- Over Garcia’s 28 starts, his team is 16-12.
- Garcia’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 28 games.
Pick for Braves vs. Astros
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the Braves to win over the Astros.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!