Astros vs. Guardians Player Props | Yordan Alvarez | Friday
The Houston Astros visit the Cleveland Guardians at Progressive Field, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Friday August 5th. The Cleveland Guardians are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at Houston Astros player Yordan Alvarez as the Astros face the Cleveland Guardians in Major League Baseball action.
The Guardians and Astros have met four times this season, with the Guardians winning once and the Astros winning three times. Their most recent matchup on August 4, 2022 ended 6-0 with the Houston Astros taking the win.
Yordan Alvarez Season Stats
- Games Played: 90 | Home Runs: 30 | RBI: 72 | Runs: 68 | Batting Average: .304 | OBP: .412 | SLG: .654 | OPS: 1.066.
- Alvarez’s Hits line for tonight’s matchup vs. Cleveland Guardians is set at 1.5 which is 0.56 less than than his season average of 1.06.
- Alvarez’s Runs Scored line for tonight’s matchup vs. Cleveland Guardians is set at 0.5 which is 0.26 less than than his season average of 0.76.
- Alvarez’s RBIs line for tonight’s matchup vs. Cleveland Guardians is set at 0.5 which is 0.30 less than than his season average of 0.80.
- Alvarez’s Home Runs line for tonight’s matchup vs. Cleveland Guardians is set at 0.5 which is 0.17 more than than his season average of 0.33.
Yordan Alvarez Stats vs. Cleveland
Yordan Alvarez Notable Teammates
The The Cleveland Guardians are 3-2 in their last five games, while the Houston Astros are heading into this matchup with a record of 2-3 in their last five contests.
The Astros’ 69-38 record in 2022 puts them in 1st place in the AL West with a 35-20 division record and 2nd place in the American League with a 61-34 league record.
The Cleveland Guardians are 54-51, sitting in 2nd place in the AL Central with a 25-21 division record and 7th place in the American League with a 44-43 league record.
Cleveland Guardians Stat Rankings
|Team Batting Avg||.251||8|
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analysts.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Player Props across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
About the author
He has been involved in the sports betting industry for years as a producer and handicapper specifically focusing on the EPL and other football lea...[Read full bio]