Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
The Arizona Diamondbacks (45-93) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Texas Rangers (49-88) on Wednesday at 3:40 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are favored (-154) to halt the streak when they square off against the underdog Rangers (+133).
Arizona’s Luke Weaver gets the start against Texas’ Kohei Arihara.
Best Odds for Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers in which the Diamondbacks are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Diamondbacks vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||83%||17%|
|% of Stake||63%||37%|
- The Diamondbacks have won in 11, or 55%, of the 20 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 73 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks rank 23rd in the league with 581 total runs scored this season.
- The Arizona are favorites for the first time in a while, as they have been listed as underdogs in their last 10 games.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have combined to clear the total eight times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Weaver (3-3) takes the mound first for the Diamondbacks in his 10th start of the season. He has a 4.11 ERA in 46 innings pitched, with 41 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday against the Padres, the righty threw six innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- Weaver’s team has compiled a 5-4 record over his nine starts.
- Weaver’s starts went over the run total three times in nine games with a set total this season.
- The Rangers have gone 42-78 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 35% of those games).
- In the 137 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Texas, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 65 times (65-64-8).
- The Rangers have the No. 29 offense in baseball scoring 3.9 runs per game (530 total runs).
- Texas was the moneyline underdog in each of its last 10 games, and finished 5-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Rangers and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Arihara (2-3) takes the mound first for the Rangers in his ninth start of the season. He’s put together a 6.19 ERA in 32 innings pitched, with 20 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday against the Rockies, the right-hander threw 3 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering one hit.
- Arihara’s team has a 3-5 record in his starts this season.
- Arihara has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in five of those matchups.
Pick for Diamondbacks vs. Rangers
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Diamondbacks being favored to win over the Rangers.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!