Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
The Arizona Diamondbacks (45-93) will aim to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the Texas Rangers (49-88) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are favored (-160) to halt the streak when they square off against the underdog Rangers (+140).
Zac Gallen starts for Arizona while Texas will counter with Spencer Howard.
Best Odds for Arizona Diamondbacks vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers in which the Rangers are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Diamondbacks have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Diamondbacks vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||78%||22%|
|% of Stake||25%||75%|
- The Diamondbacks have been victorous in 11, or 55%, of the 20 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Arizona have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 73 of 138 chances this season.
- The Diamondbacks rank 23rd in the league with 581 total runs scored this season.
- The Diamondbacks are listed as odds-on favorites for the first time in quite a while, they have been posted as underdogs in their last 10 games.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on eight occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Diamondbacks will send Gallen (2-8) to the mound for his 19th start of the season. He is 2-8 with a 4.34 ERA and 106 strikeouts through 91 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Padres, when the right-hander tossed six innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Gallen’s team has won four of his 18 starts.
- Gallen has started 18 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
- The Rangers have gone 42-78 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 35% of those games).
- Texas has had an over/under set by bookmakers 137 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 65 of those games (65-64-8).
- The Rangers score the second-fewest runs in baseball (530 total, 3.9 per game).
- Texas has a 5-5 record from the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rangers are sending Howard (0-1) out to make his fourth start of the season. He is 0-1 with a 9.82 ERA and nine strikeouts through 7 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday, Aug. 19, the right-hander threw two innings against the Mariners, giving up five earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Howard’s three starts have all ended in a loss for his team this season.
- Howard’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in one of three contests.
Pick for Diamondbacks vs. Rangers
The Rangers are favored to win over the Diamondbacks based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.